This FAQ will be updated as new information is received. It was last updated on:
When will Horsham Pharmacy get the vaccine?
How do I make an appointment?
Walk-ins are welcome!
If you prefer an appointment please fill out the appointment request form or call the pharmacy at 267-282-5747.
Who can get the vaccine?
What vaccine will Horsham Pharmacy be given?
Should I get the vaccine?
What are the potential side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine
Side effects that have been reported with the COVID-19 vaccines include:
- Immediately after injection: pain, tenderness, redness, and swelling of the arm injected
- General side effects: fever, fatigue, headaches, muscle and joint pain, chills, nausea, and vomiting
For more information about the vaccine, please see the Vaccine Fact Sheet below for each vaccine type.
Will my insurance pay for it?
COVID-19 vaccine is offered at no cost, regardless if you have insurance or not.
Will I still need to wear a mask and social distant after I receive the vaccine?
Where will the Vaccine be given?
Checklist before your Appointment
- Read the “Covid Prevacination Checklist” and sign the first page.
- Read the Horsham Pharmacy Notice of Privacy
- Complete The “Covid 19 Screening and Consent form” sign and date
- Make sure to have the following documents:
- Driver License or State ID
- Prescription Insurance Card
- Medical Insurance Card
- For Adult 65 and older: Medicare A and B card (event if you have an Advantage Plan
Please come on time and wear a face mask or face covering before entering the pharmacy.
If you are sick, DO NOT COME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. Please call our staff at 267–282-5747, so we can reschedule your appointment.
Post Vaccine Resources
- Sign-up with v-sage for check up after your shot at v-safe (cdc.gov)
- Report side effects to help everyone learn more about the vaccine. You can report post vaccination side effects at Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) (hhs.gov)